Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 3


THOUGHTS- Today was just full of thoughts. To start off with I got up and made a buckwheat pancake. I didn't use any sugar and I thought to myself that it was going to taste horrible. But I was surprised when I found it quiet nice. It was a totally different flavour not as sweet as what other pancakes are. This had more substance to it. And I was full after one. I normally make about 3 pancakes. So what is this buckwheat about?
Buckwheat is the hearty, working-man’s crop that thrives in poor soil conditions, freezing temperatures, droughts, and excess rains. Buckwheat is resistant to damage and is therefore relatively inexpensive and easy to grow. Buckwheat is native to Northern Europe and Asia and eventually spread to Europe and Russia in the 14th and 15th centuries, and was introduced to the United States by the Dutch during the 17th century.It may surprise some people to learn that buckwheat is actually a fruit even though it is commonly thought to be a grain. Buckwheat is a fruit seed that is related to rhubarb and sorrel.Whole buckwheat is a very nutritious food. The protein in buckwheat contains the eight essential amino acids and is also high in lysine. Buckwheat is also rich in many B vitamins as well as phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper and manganese. Buckwheat is also a good oil source of Alpha-Linolenic Acid, which is one of the two essential fatty acids we must have to be healthy.Health Benefits of BuckwheatBuckwheat is high in fiber. 1 cup of cooked buckwheat groats contains over 4 grams of dietary fiber.Buckwheat contains the eight essential amino acids.Buckwheat contains many minerals including: phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper and manganese.Buckwheat contains a rich supply of flavonoids, particularly rutin.Buckwheat lowers glucose levels and is beneficial for managing diabetes.Buckwheat has been found to lower blood pressure and reduce cholesterol.Buckwheat is a fruit seed and is a gluten-free alternative to grains.Dietary Uses of BuckwheatBuckwheat flour has a strong, distinctive flavor and is often mixed with other flours to lend its distinctive taste to many baked goods. Buckwheat comes in a few different forms for dietary consumption:Buckwheat groats are the hulled grains of buckwheat; they are three-sided in shape andresemble grains of wheat, oats, or rye. Kasha is a traditional porridge made from buckwheat groats. Buckwheat groats are used whole in hot cereals and soups. The triangular seeds from buckwheat can be used to make flour after being removed from the husk.Buckwheat Flour is commonly used to make buckwheat pancakes, hot cereals, and soups. Buckwheat flour is mixed with whole wheat flour to make breads, muffins and biscuits.
Also today I made meals for the next two days to stop me from just grabbing something that was too unhealthy while I was out.
And my last thoughts today was.... Well it's time to get rid of all the crap in my life. Literally. So my good friend Liana reccomended that I go and see the wonderful Mae. So I did. Mae is amazing if you have any problems go see her. So Mae looked into my eyes and she told me all the things I already knew about myself and a whole bunch of things that I had no idea about. From my eyes she could tell that I have had a flu lately and it's still lingering. My lungs, liver and kidneys are not functioning well. And i had blockages in my intestine. I was by this point still a little skeptical. But I think that's human nature when there is something new. She told me where my blockages were and when she poked them it hurt. She she took me for a colon hydrotherapy. Pipe up my bum. Water up there. Crap comes out. Fun. Okay so it wasn't really fun but afterwards she told me all the things lacking in my diet and everything that i needed to do and gave me some recipes of stuff that I need to make. And I felt better. I felt so much lighter and emptier. I had been bloated for some time and now I just feel releived.
CHALLENGES- Doing something new even though I was skeptical about it.
TRIUMPHS- Doing something new even though I was skeptical about it.
WHAT I ATE-
BREAKFAST- Organic buckwheat, organic soy milk and cinnamon. Made into a pancake cooked in organic olive oil and topped with rice malt syrup.
SNACK- Half avocado
LUNCH- Soy bean salad- Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, carrot, beetroot, trio sprouts and soy beans.
Dressing- organic olive oil, lemon juice, organic crushed garlic.
DINNER- Tofu crumbed with powdered veggie stock and cooked in organic olive oil. Quinoa.
AFTER DINNER- A bottle of wine, 1 vodka orange and four vodka and pineapple.
Packet of smiths plain chips.
I know that I shouldn't be drinking on a health kick but I was feeling up for a big night. And I only had still drinks instead of any bubbles which cause bloating. I'll talk about soft drinks in another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment