Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 4


THOUGHTS- So I'm on Day four. I haven't completely cut out all the nasties from my diet but the small changes that I have made are already making me feel a hundred times better. Yes I did go out drinking last night but the choice to not have the carbonated soft drink, or the red bulls that I would normally have left me pretty much without a hangover. Usually I would then crave some hot chips and smother them with salt and chase it with a can of coke. This morning I had some fresh fruit and nuts and it helped pick me up staright away. Today I went into the shopping centre and I didn't leave the produce section. I used to live in the chips and soft drink isles. I picked products with the least packaging possible and didn't use any of the store supplied plastic bags. I have decided that the sometimes Earth Diet is having a slightly different spin on Liana's diet. While she will eat foods only from the earth in their purest forms. I am doing my best to do the same but I am also looking into everything that I can do to make not only my diet but my everyday activities better for the earth. While I was watching the TV I saw an ad for a product that is a potato cut into cubes and in plastic bag. The old me would have probably thought "Gee how convenient I love potatoes." The new me simply thought "How hard is it to cut up your own potato?" I had brought some potatoes from the shop and they are in my cupboard which uses no power. This new product would need to go in the frezzer. It's using plastic. It's used a machine to cut it into cubes. It's been trucked from the farm, to the factory, to the packer, to the wholesaler and then finally to the retailer. How high is the carbon footprint on this one product just so people can save a few minutes? Now writing this I am second guessing my choice to get the washed potatoes as there is another unessesary stap the product had to take before I got it home. I have recently started trying to grow my own vegetables to decrease this carbon footprint even more. I have only been successful so far with Cos lettuce and Basil. But not only is it rewarding growing these but they taste better. So fresh. No chemicals no pestisides, no time in trucks and shops stright from garden to plate.
CHALLENGES- Struggling through the same lunch again
TRIUMPHS- Shopping day today. The only thing I got that wasn't in the procduce section was Tp and handtowels. Woo
WHAT I ATE-
BREAKFAST- Grapes. Water with a squeeze of lemon juice and 2 vegan multivitamins. Mixed raw nuts (Almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts and walnuts), with rice malt syrup.
LUNCH- Salad- Soy beans, lettuce, carrot, beetroot, cucumber, snow peas, mungbean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, onion sprouts.
Dressing- Flaxseed oil, lemone juice, organic crushed garlic.
DRINKS- Organic Orange juice, Guava Lava Juice. (Both juices in their purest form but trying to do my best to only have home made juices from now on.)
SNACK- House of Biskota monte cream biscuit. (Not a food of the earth but vegan and so delicious.) 1/4 cup tinned fruit salad with flaxseed oil.
DINNER- Stir fry- Tofu, red onion, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, red capsicum, carrot, mushroom, snow peas with a dash of organic tamari.
Tea- Planet organics Calming tea- Chamomile, lemon balm and spearmint.
EXCERCISE- Little bit of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment