Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 9


THOUGHTS- Today I realised things taste different. Things like salad and vegetables that the old me would have turned my nose up at I am finding myself craving and things that I would normally love to eat I am finding difficult to bring myself around to it. It's unual for me to feel like this so early on. Normally I'll do a detox and at least until day 10 I am still craving things like mad. I suppose this time I haven't gone a complete stop on everything. I am weaning off things one at a time insetad of all the nasties at once. I am now 9 days without deep fried food, bread, caffeine and carbonated drinks. I'm 3 days without alcohol. My body is responding so much better to this diet than I ever would have thought. I kept putting it off because I didn't think I could do it. So many other things that I have been putting off as well I have started doing. I am writing a novel. Yes that's right. Me Carolyn Wagner am writing a novel. I have been working on this one for 8 years now and this year it is going to be complete. I never have the time. That's been my excuse for God knows how long now. But yet I was able to master Farmville and yoVille and Vampire Wars and any other facebook application I could find to fill the time. I wasted hours on these. Last night I had my final realisation of one of my biggest time wasters. TRAFFIC. I spend an hour and a half every morning and and hour and a half every evening in traffic to and from work. It stresses me out. Wastes my time and is sure not good for the environment. So today I caught the train. I have only done this once since I have had a car. I had to drive 15 minutes to the station but once I was on the train I pulled out my laptop and added 1497 words to my novel in the hour long train trip. Then I walked 15 minutes to work. I spent the same amount of time. Saved 0.013 tonnes of carbon emissions. And the cost was about the same. The boss noticed the difference when I got to work. She had given me Monday off because I was looking run down. She comments on my lunch every day and sayd how healty and yummy it looks and she is an acredited dietitian. She also agreed that catching the train has lowered my amount of stress and she's right. In just the one day not having to sit through all the garbage on the roads on the way to and from work I was so much more relaxed. I also now have found that time to spend on something that I enjoy doing. Even if you can't catch the train everywhere you should catch it when you can. It's definately making me happier and I know mother earth is feeling better about it as well.
Had some aloe vera juice today and here are some of the benefits-
The health benefits of aloe vera taken internally include: improved circulation, regulation of blood pressure, promotes healing of bones and joints, strengthens the immune system, defends the body against bacteria, heals internal tissue damage, heals ulcers, improves and even eliminates constipation, blood sugar regulation, and reduces itchiness in psoriasis helping it to heal.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/29154
Check out the entire article if you would like to read more.
CHALLENGES- Eating chocolate. I tried to eat some chocolate today and couldn't do it. It tasted so bad. Also not going home for dinner and eating out not having anything prepared.
TRIUMPHS- Ordering as healthy as I could from my favourite restaurant when all I wanted to do was eat all the tasty things.
WHAT I ATE-
BREAKFAST- Amaranth, sliced banana and Rice Milk. Water with lemon juice and multivitamins and iron. Mae's Magic medicine- Beetroot, carrot, ginger, celery, spinach.
SNACK- Mixed raw nuts
LUNCH- Salad- Chickpeas, sprouts, 1/4 Avocado, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, red onion, red capsicum, shallot.
Dressing- flaxseed oil, garlic, dijon mustard and lemon juice.
1 peice of choc. YUK.
Couple of grapes to take away the chocolate taste.
DINNER- At Loving Hut- Vegetable rice paper rolls with soy saucea and an aloe vera juice.
http://mtgravatt.lovinghut.com.au/ My favourite restaurant check it out. Everything is totally vegan. But even if you're not vegan the food is amazing. My ex used to like it and he is not even vegetarian.
EXCERCISE- Walking 30 mins to and from the train station. (15 each way) Plus yoga stretches at work

No comments:

Post a Comment