Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 34


THOUGHTS- Today ate only raw foods. I thought it was going to be a very challenging day and after the night I had had I thought I would be very hung over but there is something about the more earthy wine that doesn’t affect me in a way that other alcohols would have. Also I had set the challenge earlier in the week that I would have a raw weekend and I decided that now when I set myself a challenge I will stick to it. So that’s what I did. I highly recommend to anyone who has an iPhone to get the SAF application it has plenty of raw food recipes and the ones I tried were very nice. I had a lot of cauliflower today and it is normally a food that I dislike very much but until today I had never tried it raw. I still don’t think I could eat it by itself but the recipes that I had it in made it very nice. I was however very tired today and normally when I don’t get much sleep I am very peckish all day and all I crave for is fried foods. Today seemed to go very well. I felt quiet good at the end of the day less bloated than I normally would. It was very satisfying I don’t know how long I could keep it up for if I went raw full time but I would definitely like to give it a try. After a few more earth diet months I will definitely try a month of raw foods. There are so many recipe books out there now and I am going to be incoperating one new raw recipe every week into my diet so that when I make the change it is not such a big shock to the system. Raw foods are a lot better for you as the hold the nutrients. Cooking foods over 40 degrees changes the nutritional properties of the food. There are a lot of people going raw these days or at least trying it for some time.

CHALLENGES- Not going to get take away after a very long late night.

TRIUMPHS- The fact that I stuck to raw foods all day and didn’t have any cooked food.

WHAT I ATE-

BREAKFAST- 1 banana

SNACK- Raw sushi rolls. (Recipe available on saf) Cauliflower rice, salt, pepper, pine nuts.
Mushroom in shoyu sauce, snow pea and alfalfa sprouts, red onion, nori sheet, lentil sprouts.
Blend caulflower rice. Put on nori sheet. Place other ingredients in row and roll like sushi.

LUNCH- Half an avocado with lentil sprouts

SNACK- Choc balls- cacao, mixed nuts, linseeds and agave syrup.



DINNER- Cauliflower risotto- Cauliflower, shallot, garlic, parsley, sea salt, peppercorns, flaxseed oil. Put ingredients in blender and blend.

DESSERT- Fresh apple juice
Cacao, agave and mixed nut meal. Mix together and eat with spoon.

EXERCISE- Nil.

No comments:

Post a Comment