Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 35



THOUGHTS- Sprouting. I have started sprouting some beans lately. It turns out that it is pretty easy. I thought it would be a bit more difficult but you simply soak the beans over night like you normally would before cooking them but instead of cooking them you simply drain them put them in a jar and leave them on the window sill and in a day or two you will have some sprouts. Lentils are the easiest ones to start with. Some beans will need more care and time than others. Bean sprouts are very high in protein and great for anyone on a raw diet. Also today I had an audition for B105 which is one of our major Brisbane radio stations. They had over 700 applicants and only auditioned 50 people so I was pretty stoked to get to that stage. I explained to the auditionees all about veganism which was pretty good to get the word out there about what vegans can and can’t eat because there seems to be such a blurred line as to what people think a vegan is. So I am becoming a very active vegan which makes me feel so much better about it. Seriously why do something if you’re not proud to be doing it. If you couldn’t stand on a rooftop and yell out what you are than there is something wrong with your reason behind it.

CHALLENGES- Second day of raw food. I normally cook two or three meals of every day so to go two days I thought would be really difficult.

TRIUMPHS- I did it. I went two days without touching a single item of cooked food.

WHAT I ATE-


BREAKFAST- Raw oatmeal- Flaxseeds, apple, banana and cinnamon. Soak flaxseeds over night then put all ingredients in a blender and enjoy.

SNACK- Fruit salad- pineapple, watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, ¼ peach and 1/3 pomegranate with a squeeze of lemon juice.




LUNCH- Rawslaw- (my own recipe)- Red cabbage, white cabbage, grated carrot, cauliflower cut finely, Homegrown shallot, home sprouted lentils, shop brought mung bean, snow pea and alfalfa sprouts. Celery, parsley, grated ginger, garlic, chilli and lemon rind.

SNACK- Carrot sticks, cumber sticks, snow peas, three pea pods and 3 cherry tomatoes.

DINNER- Salad- Rocket, spinach, parsley, mint, red cabbage, white cabbage, snowpeas, snow pea sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, mungbean sprouts,grated carrots, grated ginger, grated garlic, grated chilli, ½ roma tomato, red onion and shallot.

DESSERT- 3chocolate balls (see previous days for recipe)
Handful cashews and ¼ avocado.

EXERCISE- Walking around all day. Then running up and down stairs for audition.

No comments:

Post a Comment