Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 53


THOUGHTS- Raw food. I know I have already done a blog on raw food. But I just find it so fascinating. I would like to be able to do an entire month on raw food. But at the moment I am just experimenting with as much raw food as I can. And I am finding it pretty easy. Though coming up to winter I don't know how well it's going to go. When I first heard about raw foodism I thought it was just a fad diet and that there wouldn't be many people doing it but there are so many people that do it. And there are so many premade raw foods available. Though part of the earth diet is trying to avoid anything packaged I am finding a lot of raw companies that are local and are very careful with their packaging and processing. Loving Earth and It's Rawsome are my two favourites at the moment but there are others that I want to try. I'd also love to get a dehydrator so I can make my own snack foods when I do decide to take on a full time raw diet.


There are also so many health benefits to eating raw. Did you know we are the only species that heats our food? Sure it's been happening since cave men period but how natural is it really. If every other species on the planet can survive on raw foods why don't we. Why must we complicate everything?


Admitedly I do enjoy a good cooked meal. But that is because that is the way society has taught us all that it should be. So try making some changes to your daily habits and you will not only notice a difference in your health but also in your electricity bill as well. Go on give it a go.


CHALLENGES- Not much time to make anything


TRIUMPHS- Still eating more raw than cooked foods.


WHAT I ATE-


BREAKFAST- Banana

Soy slice


SNACK- Raw sunflower crackers and raw sunflower cheese


LUNCH- Cazzas curry


SNACK- Cashews

2 glasses soy milk

1 glass chai


DINNER- Soy Slice


DESSERT- Raw vegan ice cream.

Raw choc wuth activated almonds and purple corn

Raw crackers with raw cashew cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment