Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 41



THOUGHTS- Happiness. We spend so much time trying to be happy. We rely so much on other people and things to make us happy. Or we have goals that we must reach before we are happy. Why can’t we just be happy? Answer these questions.
Are you alive?
Do you get regular food?
Are you free (not a slave)?
Do you have somewhere to live?
If you answered yes to all of these questions then you are ahead of a large percent of Earths population. Shouldn’t that make you happy? I know I’m not the happiness fairy and I too have bad days but there are people I talk to who are down all the time. Admittedly I understand that there are people with clinical depression. But even those people are sometimes happier than other everyday people. Lately when I have found myself in situations that would normally bring me down and reduce me to tears. I ask myself the above questions. When I answer yes I then tell myself “Suck it up Princess.” Lately after reading Liana’s blog on the slaves in Africa (insert link) I have had a new view on life. Whenever I am having a hard day I think of those children that are doing it so much harder. If I am saddened by the fact that I can’t afford new shoes or clothes I think of those who have no shoes or clothes. You can call me what you wish, hippie, weirdo, fruit loop. But it just makes me human. Somewhere in this human race there is something called caring. Some people possess more of it than others. But through this caring and worrying about what is happening around the world. I know there are things happening here in Australia that need addressing as well. But I am greatful for what I have. I know mum used to always say “Eat that broccoli there are starving kids in Africa that would love to be eating that.” Sure enough my answer was “They can have it cos it tastes like crap.” But now when I think of the kids in all the countries that aren’t as priveldged as us it makes me realize what a fantastic country we have and how we are lucky to have what we have and should be happy. There is always someone suffering more than you and instead of wallowing in your own pity you should be getting out there to do something about it.

CHALLENGES- Feeling a bit down and just wanting junky food. Put too much oil on everything today.

TRIUMPHS- Finding Nudie juices. I know they are processed and packaged by someone else as are a few of the things I eat. But the ingredients are all from the Earth. When I was craving a coffee but could not find anywhere that did fair trade. A Nudie juice picked me up just as well if not more.

WHAT I ATE-

BREAKFAST- Apple, peach and strawberry juice
Apple and passionfruit juice
Buckwheat, soy milk and stevia pancakes, cooked in olive oil and topped with agave syrup.

LUNCH- Soy patties- soy pulp, capsicum, onion, tumeric, celery, chilli, red onion.

SNACK- Goji berries and cacao beans.
½ avocado lentil and mungbean sprouts.
Nudie juice- pressed apple, crushed mango, squeezed orange, juiced passionfruit and mashed banana.


DINNER- 2 potatoes cooked in olive oil.
Veggie patties- Garlic, ginger, tumeric, soy milk, buckwheat flour, red onion, redcapsicum, celery, eggplant, brussel sprout and parsley. Cooked in olive oil.


EXERCISE- Nil

No comments:

Post a Comment