Friday, June 4, 2010

DAY 36




THOUGHTS- Feeling much better after a weekend of raw foods. Slowly I am going to start introducing more raw foods and recipes to my diet and start having less cooked foods. I know this is going to be a massive challenge coming into winter but I feel that my body needs that extra cleanse. There are so many ideas and recipes that I would have never thought would taste any good. And so much that you can do with raw food and the nutritional value of raw foods is amazing. So I am setting the challenge that by the end of the Earth Diet I will be living on a completely raw vegan diet for a few months. Then who knows maybe forever.

Also as part of the Earth Diet I have been discovering so many new wonderful foods and creating my own amazing recipes. So much so that I would love to start doing a recipe book. As a matter of fact I think I might just do that.


CHALLENGES- No challenges today

TRIUMPHS- Ate well and am feeling good about everything.

WHAT I ATE-



BREAKFAST- Buckwheat flour, Besan flour, soy milk and stevia pancakes cooked in coconut oil.
Toppped with agave syrup.



LUNCH- Tumeric veggies with Quinoa cooked in veg stock.

RECIPE
VEGE STOCK
INGREDIENTS
Celery
Capsicum
Corn
Peppercorns
Parsley
Basil
Tomato
Shallot
Sweet Potato
Carrot
Cucumber

Method

1. Fill Large Pot with water
2. Add all Vegetables (You can vary the vegetables you use I just use all the left over or extra vegetables I have.)
3. Bring to boil.
4. Drain and Keep liquid.
5. Sometimes you can add more water and make up to about six litres of stock. When the water isn't becoming coloured anymore then throw the veggies out.

TUMERIC VEGETABLES

INGREDIENTS

Eggplant
Zuchinni
Onion
Tumeric
Garlic
Ginger
Celery
Brussels Sprouts
Cauliflour
Vege Stock

METHOD

1. Heat non stick pan.
2. Cut all veggies into chunks.
3. Heat onion, ginger and garlic until beginning to brown.
4. Add Zuchinni and Eggplant until begining to brown.
5. Add other vegetables.
6. Add stock and tumeric. Bring to boil.
7. Reduce to simmer until stock has evaporated.
8. Serve with Quinoa or Rice.


SNACKS- Lots of cashews with a few almonds and hazelnuts
Raw Energy bar (Ingredients on a previous day)

DINNER- Salad- Sprouts- snow peas, alfalfa and mung bean. White cabbage, red onion, tomato, cucumber, parsley, cauliflour, pepitas, sunflower seeds, cos lettuce, celery, olives and capers.

DESSERT- Raw ginger bar

EXERCISE- Rehearsal

No comments:

Post a Comment