Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 48


THOUGHTS-

Too often in our lives to we look for the simple answers. Oh I have a headache I'll take a panadol. Bloked nose- sudafed. There is a pill for everything and even pills for things that don't even need cures. You can take a pill to lose weight, to ease your cold and flu, your headache, period pain, migraine, aneamia etc etc etc. If you can name it there is a pill for it. But eliminating the symptoms of a disease are not the same as eliminating the disease. I will admit I was in the trap of taking a pill every time I had a mild headache or slight tickle in the throat. I had a cupboard full of pills and gels and vitamins and medicines. And I was taking around six pills a day. One for iron, a multivitamin, one for reflux, one for my underactive thyroid, an olive leaf extract and it's been so long now I can't even remember what the other one was. I still felt drained and ill all the time. I started weaning myself off these pills and now that I am no longer taking them I no longer need them ever test I have had since then tells me that my iron is fine and my thyroid condition is no longer there. I often wonder if doctors get a comisson on prescriptions they are always so quick to be handing out scripts.

Not to mention the amount of chemicals and no doubt animal testing that goes into most tablets should we really be recommended to take so many that we rattle like the bottles do? I'm new to natural cures and still learning the basics but started getting a but fluey and instead of turning to tablets I have opted for lots of garlic and orange juice. I noticed that my director came down with same sort of virus at the same time and while he was pumping his body full of pills I opted for the more natural way and you know what I noticed. I got better quicker than he did. Everyone thought I was crazy for not wanting to take any pills but it worked for me and I'm sure it will continue to. Clearly in a life or death situation I would accept medications but for all the day to day ailments that I went running to the medicine cupboard for it is time to stop that and start living and that's what I intend to do.

CHALLENGES- Being sick and wanting to take medications so badly.

TRIUMPHS- Proving to everyone that you don't need drugs to get better. Just lots of garlic and orange juice.

WHAT I ATE-

BREAKFAST- Glass soy milk, 1 banana
Charlie's Honest smoothie- pressed apple juice, mango puree, squeezed orange juice, banana puree, passionfruit juice, pineapple juice, vitamin C and A.
Green Grapes

SNACK- Banana, Organic Throat soothers,
1 Avocado, snow peas.
1L Berri Australian fresh OJ- Orange Juice and Vitamin C.

LUNCH-Mushrooms and Garlic cooked in olive oil.
Mixed olives.
Banana
1/4 avocado with sprouts- mungbean, snow pea and alfalfa.

DINNER- Soy bean pasta, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 mushrooms, carrot, olives, capers, olive oil, tomato and 1 shallot.

DESSERT- Banana and watermelon.

EXCERCISE- Rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment