Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 38



THOUGHTS- Exercise. I hate doing it but I know I have to. I feel better on days that I do exercise. But there are so many days that I don’t. There is always some excuse. Too tired. Too Sore. Not enough time. I know I am not the only one our there making excuses. Hello Obesity epidemic. So it’s quiet clear that a lot of us need to do something about it. So what can we do? Join a gym. Too costly. Join a sports team. Not your thing. What about plain old walking? Surely there is something that interests you. I’m not really the best to be preaching about exercise I know the exercise section of these blogs is often left blank. But I have increased the amount of exercise I do compared to what I used to. And really that’s all you need to do. I’m not talking about going to the gym everyday and pumping it out for two hours before work and two hours after work and having no social life. Take a look at what you do now for exercise. In my case it was nothing. So add a few extra things a week. Look online for some simple exercises that will tone the areas you need. And do some cardio as well. If you are already walking step up the pace a bit. Make sure you always consult a professional before undertaking anything to strenuous and make sure that whatever you decide to do is not going to aggrovate any injuries. The first few times may leave you feeling a little sore and sorry but once your muscles adjust to whatever your new exercise is you won’t even remember what the big fuss was all about. Now week by week I am trying new things and starting to add things in to my exercise routine. Eating well is one thing but I have still been feeling run down and that’s because my body hasn’t been getting enough movement. I have found that the best way for me to get more energy is to use some energy. The more I sit around doing nothing the more my body wants to sit around doing nothing.

CHALLENGES- Still snacking late at night. Need to stop doing this.

TRIUMPHS- Eating lots of veggies today instead of raw choc and pancakes

WHAT I ATE-



BREAKFAST- Veggie fritters- Onion, capsicum, garlic, brussel sprout, parsley, chilli, tumeric, celery, cauliflour, Organic Buckwheat flour, vege stock (recipe on earlier day) Cooked in olive oil and seasoned with pepper.



LUNCH- Veitnamese coleslaw. Shallot, red cabbage, white cabbage, mint, yellow capsicum, carrot and lentil sprouts.
Dressing- lime juice and garlic.

SNACK- ½ avocado with mung bean and lentil sprouts. Home sprouted.
Capsicum sticks, snow peas, pea pods, lentil and mung bean sprouts.
Soy latte.

DINNER-Stir Fry- Zuchinni, carrot, snow peas, parsley, red onion, red capsicum, garlic, ginger, tumeric, olive oil.
Esspresso.

LATE NIGHT SNACK- Cashews
Potato and Leek soup- Veggie stock, potato, leek, garlic and Thyme

EXERCISE- 30 minutes cross trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment