Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 43


THOUGHTS- Every moment in life has a reason for it. This reason may not be visible to you but you exist for a purpose and that purpose may be world changing and why shouldn’t it be. If you want to change the world what is stopping you. I can bet money on the fact that the only thing stopping you is you. Your doubts, your fears. Your purpose may be to save someones life or alter it completely. Look around right now. There may be someone closer than you think that needs your help. This morning at about 3am I found a person who needed me today. I’d spent some time with a friend after being at the pub which I hardly ever go to. And since not drinking much at all anymore the pub was not an ideal place that I wanted to be going to. But I made some new friends, drove home, packed for my flight and came back to hang out with them. I had an early flight and had to be at the airport at 6am but there was something that drove me back. After spending time with my new friend I headed back to my car and as I passed the pub there was a woman of about my age perhaps a little younger walking out of the place hysterically crying her eyes out. Everyone else looked at her and continued walking. I had to take a few looks as I heard her sniffing at first and I thought what a fool I would be asking if she needed help if all she had was the common cold. But upon turning I saw her tears and heard her sobs and stopped from walking any further. Simply asked if she was ok and she pretty much collapsed into my arms sobbing. People continued walking past and just looked at us funny. Her reason for being upset is not what is important. But the fact that I took the time to stop. It angers me how many people walked by her. She asked me to direct her to the train station and I told her there was no way in hell she was catching a train alone so I asked where she lived. And before she had even told me I had in my head that I would drive her home. I had three hours to be at the airport and as long as she didn’t live more than an hour and a half away it would be fine. She was only half hour the opposite direction only adding an hour to my trip. We are such a suspicious race of people. The thought did cross my mind that it could have been an act to rob me. But then a second thought of ha then the jokes on her all I have in my car are some crappy clothes that are way to big for her. A fake guess handbag worth about $15 and all my bank cards have no money on them. And as for my car I would probably get more from the insurance company than what it is actually worth. So then after that little giggle to myself I drove her home and wished her well. I was there that morning for a reason. Who knows what could have happened to her had she been left to wander the disgusting Brisbane streets. And I slept better (all beit for an hour in my car) knowing that instead she was home safe.

Also today I flew to New Zealand. It’s so beautiful. I had never flown overseas before and it was great to see how different places can be. Esspecially with food. It is so much easier to get organic healthy foods at pretty much every shop. The Earth Diet is still a bit of a challenge but the foods are beautiful and today I tried a Fejoa. It was beautiful. The girl I stayed with her neighbour had a tree of them and we just went and picked some. It’s so earthy to be able to pick something and then eat it. Knowing that no-one else has touched that food but me is quiet invigorating.

CHALLENGES- Going to the pub

TRIUMPHS- Not drinking any alcohol and still having a great night and finding that everyone is where they are for a reason.

WHAT I ATE-



BREAKFAST- Veggie Fritters- Soy milk, Buckwheat flour, red onion, red and yellow capsicum, brussel sprout, fresh tumeric, garlic, ginger, red cabbage, celery, chilli, parsley, caulfilour. Cooked in oliv oil.
Soy latte
Emma and tom’s Karamarama juice- orange juice, pineapple juice, mngo puree, passionfruit pulp, Siberian ginseng and Korean ginseng.




LUNCH- Carrot sticks, taste raw broccoli, four raw mushrooms, carrot sticks, 2 cherry tomatoes, 5 sugar snap peas.
Watermelon, red grapes, honey dew melon.
Rowies chocolate raspberry cake.
Sip soy milk
Glass pineapple juice- no additives.

SNACK- Glass organic rice milk
Cashews
Fejoa



DINNER- Kumura (sweet potato), onions, potato, capsicum, zuchinni, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes, chickpeas, table salt, olive oil, sugar, paprika, salt, chilli, oregano, natural lemon flavour.

EXERCISE- Walking

No comments:

Post a Comment