Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 17


THOUGHTS-


"I don't like that."


How often have I said those words. I don't like celery and I don't like broccoli. Among other things that are also good for me I have put these in the I don't like basket. But over time I have realised that as I experiment with recipes and try food different ways they are slowly coming out of the I don't like basket. There are still some foods that I can only handle in small quantities. Or I do the mum things and chop things up really tiny and hide it in stuff. There are so many wonders that the earth provides us and so many foods that I have been missing out on for a long time. About 10 years ago. The only vegetables I would eat were peas and potato. I would also have a bit of lettuce and tomato if it was on a burger and I would have snow peas and a bit of carrot if they weren't cooked. That was it. They used the be the only vegetables in my foods I like basket. Then I decided to become a vegetarian and slowly over time things have changed and there are plenty more vegetables that I like than what I don't like. The more experiment the more I find new foods. I have made myself a mission to try exotic fruits and vegetables that I used to hate and even some that I have never tried. I guess brussels sprouts will be on the menu soon. Something I have never tried and something that everyone I know hates but I'm going to do it. But today my new food is my bean of the week.


PINTO BEANS


I tried pinto beans on my salad today they are bit softer than the other beans I have had and quiet bland they are a beige looking bean with patches of brown on them like a pinto pony.

Health Benefits
Pinto beans are a very good source of cholesterol-lowering fiber, as are most other beans. In addition to lowering cholesterol, pinto beans' high fiber content prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after a meal, making these beans an especially good choice for individuals with diabetes, insulin resistance or hypoglycemia. When combined with whole grains such as brown rice, pinto beans provide virtually fat-free, high quality protein. But this is far from all pinto beans have to offer. Pinto beans are also an excellent source of molybdenum, a very good source of folate and manganese, and a good source of protein and vitamin B1 as well as the minerals phosphorus, iron, magnesium, potassium, and copper.

For more information go to




CHALLENGES- Eating celery.


TRIUMPHS- Eating celery.


WHAT I ATE-

BREAKFAST- Maes juice- beetroot, carrot, parsley, ginger, cucumber and spinach.

Multi puffs- hulled organic Buckwheat, organic Sorghum and organic Brown Rice. Amaranth. 2 sliced strawberries and organic soy milk.


LUNCH- Celery, carrot, cucumber, capsicum sticks, snow peas, four black olive, 3 cherry tomatoes.

Tofu Mayonaise dressing- silken tofu, lemon juice and rind, clove of garlic and flaxseed oil.


SNACK- Fresh fruit salad- pineapple, strawberries and red grapefruit.

Homemade- pineapple and orange juice.


DINNER- Salad- Cos lettuce, black olives, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, snowpeas, red onion, celery, pinto beans and parsely.

Tofu Mayo dressing.


SNACK- Mised nuts. Small amount of soybean pasta with lentil bolognaise. Recipe tomorrow.


EXCERCISE- Walking through the paddock and rehearsal

No comments:

Post a Comment