Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 23






THOUGHTS- RAW FOODS





In my current job I am discovering many different levels that people are at with their diets and Raw foods is becoming a big one.










Raw foodism (or rawism) is a lifestyle promoting the consumption of un-cooked, un-processed, and often organic foods as a large percentage of the diet. Raw foodists typically believe that the greater the percentage of raw food in the diet, the greater the health benefits










For more information go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_foodism










We have a supplier through work that does raw foods and I have started trying them. Even though they products are processed and packaged by someone else they are all raw and mostly organic and I've met the people making them. So I have decided that while still in transition these are ok as a sometimes treat. The food is amazing.





Their website is http://itsrawsome.com.au/










I'm going to start taking on one raw day a week to try and get more benefits from my diet. I have planned out the day that I will have next week and I am looking forward to the recipes that I am going to try.










ESSENE BREAD










We have essene bread at work and I have been eyeing it off for a little while. I am a massive fan of bread and have been craving it like crazy. So I brought some essene bread today the ingredients listed below show that they are all earthy foods. If you would like to learn more about essene bread go to http://www.librarising.com/health/essenebread.html










It's a very thick and heavy bread that in old times would be cooked by the sun. But commercially they need to be baked in an oven to kill the enzymes that would otherwise spoil it so it can then be packaged and sold. I was a little let down that this would not count on my raw diet but I am keen to try and make some of my own. So it looks like I'll have to learn to start sprouting some grains.










CHALLENGES- Being really hungry at night.










TRIUMPHS- Sticking to good foods and resisting the temptation to go and buy some chips.










WHAT I ATE-










BREAKFAST- 1 mushroom and 2 eggplant slices cooked in olive oil and tamari.





Fruit salad- 1/4 Apple, 1/2 pear, 1/4 red grapefruit, pineapple pieces, 2 strawberries and 4 raspberries.










LUNCH- Spicy chickpea salad- Chickpeas, snowpeas, red onion, lettuce.





Dressing- Olive oil, cardamon, cumin, Cinnamon and cracked pepper.










SNACK- Tamari mixed nuts.





Handful cashews. Edamame and goji blend.










DINNER- Roasted pepper with millet.





1/2 capsicum, millet, garlic, onion, water parsley, olive oil, roasted cashews, cherry tomatoes





(Recipe at a later date.)










SNACK- Raw sunflower toastie





Carrots*, Almond meal*, Activated sunflower seeds*, flax*, wheat free tamari*, ginger*, garlic*, spring onion*, Himalayan salt.





*= certified organic ingredient.






with raw cashew cheese.





Cashews*, olives*, olive oil*, tomato*, basil*.










2x slices sprouted essene bread.





Bio dynamic certified wheat sprouted with filtered water, non organic sunflower kernel, Pepita's, Rolled oats millet, sesame seeds. Cooked with the aid of organic sunflower oil.









Fresh Apple and raspberry juice










DESSERT- Strawberry mousse. Photo coming soon





INGREDIENTS





Strawberries





Silken tofu





Orange rind.










METHOD





Put all ingredients in blender. Blend til smooth and then chill in fridge.







EXERCISE- A little bit of walking



No comments:

Post a Comment