Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 21


THOUGHTS- Epic Fail. So I was all in my best mind to refuse any chocolates on easter but my mother went to such an effort to find chocolates for me that I just couldn't say no. Normally easter consists of some chocolate bunnies which are really just a bar with a bunny engraved on it but this year she found little bunny heads indiviually wrapped. And for the first time in ages I was able to take part in the easter egg hunt and actually have something that I was collecting as well as my brothers and one of their girlfriends. I thought to myself I will just have one or two but four bunny heads later my youngest brother pipes in who is clearly reading my facebook updates and he is like "Aren't you doing that diet thing? Won't the people reading it be mad if you're lying to them?" So here I am not lying to you. I failed. I let myself down. But tomorrow is a new day and I am not going to beat myself up over it. I haven't yet visited my new vegan frienda and I'm sure she would love a chocolate bunny or two. Otherwise the tempatation everytime I open the fridge is just going to be far too much. I am trying not to look at it as a fail but merely a mistake that I need to overcome. I know what my weakness is and I know that I need to be prepared with alternatives. Lets see what tomorrow brings.


CHALLENGES- Easter and chocolate.


TRIUMPHS- Making my own dinner to take to mums instead of relying on her to feed me.


WHAT I ATE-


BREAKFAST-Beetroot, carrot, celery, ginger, lemon, lettuce and parsley juice.

Banana, strawberry, silken tofu, flaxmeal and soy milk smoothie.


SNACK- Mixed nuts- almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, brazil nuts and macadamias.


LUNCH- Salad- Cos lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, shallot, snow peas, barley, pine nuts and olives.

Dressing- Olive oil and balsamic dressing.


SNACK- Carrot, cucumber, celery sticks, snow peas, cherry tomatoes and home made hommus.


DINNER- Vegetable kebabs- Eggplant, onion, mushrooms, tofu and cherry tomatoes.

Marinade- Organic tamari, organic olive oil, organic rice malt syrup, garlic, ginger, lime juice and rind.

1 roast potato


DESSERT- 4 chocolate bunny heads dairy free.

No comments:

Post a Comment