Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 22




THOUGHTS- I was a little concerned when I started cutting into my white sweet potato I bought it because I love the taste but then I wondered whether the orange was the only natural one. I am becoming more aware of what I eat but after plenty of time on google I can't seem to find any evidence of them being modified to be that way. I could also be wrong but until I find out I will continue to eat it. As I'm still in the early stages of the diet and as it is a newly created diet there are still more things that I am finding out all the time that I shouldn't be having and I keep discovering new things that I can have.


Yesterday I went to the movies with a freind of mine and saw "How to train your dragon." If you haven't seen it yet and don't want to risk me spoiling it then stop reading now. I won't spoil much but you have been warned. The moral I walked away with was that even if the rest of society is doing something that it doesn't make them right. I thought that it was a good thing to relate back to veganism. In the movie it only took one person to change the whole town. But there is plenty more than one vegan out there and I beleive that the number will continue to grow. Just because eating animals is something that people have done for a long time it doesn't make it right. They have thoughts and feelings just like we do. I often hear peoples comments about other things and wonder if you think like that than why are you not veagn. If you love animals why do you keep eating them. I love what Paul McCartney says- "If slaughterhouses had glass walls everyone would be vegetarian." It's so true. Yesterday while over at mums for easter my brothers girlfried looked over my shoulder as I tended to my farm ville. She was like "Wow you have a lot of animals." I replied "Yeah it's almost like a factory farm I almost feel sorry for them even though they are just computer images." She replied with "If that was a real farm that would be illegal." She left the room and got excited by the easter egg hunt that mum had set up before I could reply. My brother just shook his head at me. I know she is very sensitive about animals and I'm sure that when I burst the naive bubble she lives in about what really happens to the food she eats before she gets it that she may very well be our next vegetarian. :)

CHALLENGES- Chocolate in my fridge

TRIUMPHS- Finding meanings in things that I never would have before.

WHAT I ATE-

BREAKFAST- Buckwheat, soy milk and flaxmeal pancakes cooked in coconut oil covereed with rice malt syrup.

SNACK- Banana, strawberry, flaxmeal, choc and soymilk smoothie.

LUNCH- Eggplant and asparagus stack with Quinoa
Recipe
Ingredients
3 slices eggplant
3 slices onion
3 asparagus
tbsp pine nuts
bunch fresh parsley
20g avocado
1/4 cup Quinoa
Tamari

METHOD

1.Cook Quinoa
2. Slice vegetables
3. Heat oil in pan
4. Brown pine nuts
5. lightly coat eggplant in tamari
6. Steam Asparagus
7.Cook onion til translucent then remove from pan.
8. Add eggplant slices cook til soft.
9. Layer ingredients alternatively on a plate.
Eggplant base, spread avocado, line up asparagus next to each other, onion slices, parsley, pine nuts, genlty spoon on quinoa. Repeat. Then on final layer of eggplant avo only.


SNACK- 1/2 corn cob and one bunny head

DINNER- Roast veg. Carrot, pumpkin, potato, orange sweet potato, white sweet potato.

Chickpeas and quinoa- with chilli powder, garam masala, tumeric and cumin.

SNACK- handful macadamias, Glass rice milk and 1/2 avocado

EXCERCISE- Getting thrown around the stage in rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment