Monday, April 12, 2010

DAY 25


THOUGHTS-


There have been a few things that I am still buying in packages. I know I need to stop doing this but everything that I am buying do have earthy ingredients and are mostly organic. So my three main purchases are soy milk, tofu and flours. I've decided that it's about time I started learning how to make my own things. So today I used the soy milk make at work. It's a taste to get used to without all the additives. Though they are all natural it is interesting to just have soybeans and water as the only ingredients. Then when it's done there is this pulp left in the machine as wel and my boss told me that people make burgers and sausages out of them so I made some burgers with it and they were delicious. It's made me start wondering about manufacturing my own earthy foods so that other people can have the convenience with healthier foods. It's very satisfying knowing that I made two different things from the one product and I'm saving on packaging. Even though I always recycle my soy milk cartons. Now I don't have to buy them at all. So now that I have told you about my success today here is some information on soy.


Scientific research has proven that swapping soy protein for animal proteins helps lower colesterol and reduces the risk of heart disease. It helps strengthen bones, is full of protein and helps prevent cancer.


Though there have been "stuidies" come out about the disadvantages of having soy I have found there are just as many if not more studies that will say the opposite. I have been a consumer of soy products for 10 years now and I am healthier than I have ever been. Though everyone does react differently to products. You never know how soy will affect you until you try it yourself.


You can also check out- http://www.benefitsofsoy.org/


Soy can easily be included as part of a well balanced diet.


CHALLENGES-Being hungry today.


TRIUMPHS- Making my own soy milk and burgers.


WHAT I ATE-

BREAKFAST-Multipuffs and amaranth with strawberry slices and soy milk

Raspberry & Strawberry soy Smoothie.


LUNCH- Essene bread, raw cashew cheese. Avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber.

Ginger Tea


SNACK- Lady finger banana, tin of chickpeas,

Mixed nuts and seeds- Sunflower, linseed, pepitas, raw peanuts, dry roasted cashews and macadamias.


DINNER- Chickpea and Pumpkin curry served with Quinoa.

Strawberry soy smoothie with soy milk I made myself.

Soy burger Patty.


RECIPES-

CHICKPEA CURRY

INGREDIENTS

Onion

Garlic capsicum

Corn

Crushed tomatoes

Vege stock (Home made)

Pumpkin

Corriander

Cumin

Cardamon

Tumeric

Olive oil


METHOD

1. chop all veggies.

2. Brown onion garlic and capsicum in a lightly oiled pan.

3. Add other veggies and spices. Cook for another two minutes.

4. Add Veggie stock until evaporated.

5. Serve with Quinoa or Brown rice.


SOY BURGER PATTY

INGREDIENTS

Soy pulp (Left over from making milk)

Besan (Chickpea) Flour

Shoyu (organic soy sauce)

Marjoram

Thyme

Oregano

Olive oil


METHOD

1. Lightly oil pan and heat.

2. Mix all ingredients together.

3. Make into patty shapes and cook in pan until brown.

EXCERCISE- 20 minute walk with dog. 15 minute jog. 40 crunches. 10 push ups and yoga stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment