Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 19


THOUGHTS- BARLEY
Doing some reading at work I saw that they recommended swappin rice for Barley and I remembered that we sold Barley at my other job so made it my mission to get some on pay day.

I have done some research to see what is so good about Barley and this is what I found.

Intake of barley is very likely to help you maintain your overall health in the long term. These whole grains are rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and amino acids essential for our health. More importantly, barley is one of the richest sources of both soluble and insoluble fiber.Insoluble fiber aids in proper excretion of waste products in the body, while soluble fiber (known as beta glucan) mixes with liquid, binds to fatty substances and allows them to leave the body. Barley is also seen to be rich in tocotrienols, which is an antioxidant which helps lessen risk for contracting heart disease and cholesterol problems.

For more information go to

http://www.nutritional-supplements-health-guide.com/barley-nutrition.html


EXCERCISE- I don't like it. I don't know anyone that does but it's something that we all have to do. Today I did more excercise than I would normally do in a week and it's because I was having fun and hanging out with friends I wasn't thinking of it as excercise I need to get into more activities with friends and I will definately start excercising more.


CHALLENGES- Trying something new.

TRIUMPHS- Being creative with foods and not looking at recipes all day. (except the avocado dressing.)

WHAT I ATE-
BREAKFAST-Beetroot, carrot, selery, ginger, spinach and parsley juice.
Pineapple, orange and strawberry pulp, with soymilk and buckwheat flour. Made into fritters cooked in olive oil and topped with rice malt syrup.

LUNCH- Salad. Chickpeas, pinto beans, barley, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, shallot, snow peas.
Dressing- Avocado, shallot, soy milk, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar. Mix together in blender til creamy.

DINNER- Pinto Bean Ratatouile- Pinto beans, garlic, ginger, eggplant, celery, shallot, red onion, red capsicum, asparagus on a bed of barley.

SNACK- Lady finger banana, popcorn in olive oil with tumeric, cumin and cardamon.

EXCERCISE- Lots of walking. Fighting against the rough surf until I was totally exhausted and then and Hour long power walk at night with Emmi.

No comments:

Post a Comment