Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 26


THOUGHTS-

Today I was not in my own home and had an extra night surprised on me so had to come up with some creative foods since I hadn't packed enough for the extra night. I came up with a few recipes but had to use some frozen fruits and some dried herbs. I have been using herbs and spices from my own house and as I don't use them often and they are plants just heated and dried out I have decided they will stay in my earth diet. If there is however the option between dried and fresh I will always chose fresh. I looked into it and there isn't any research to say that dried herbs are bad for you. Also they say that frozen fruit and veg hold their nutrients as well since they are frozen straight away. But the earth diet is more about cutting out the processing person. I am doing my best to buy fresh but when unforseen circumstances arise I'll do my best with what has been made available.

Also today I used Chickpea or Besan flour. This is a flour made from chickpeas that is very rich in protein and is a great alternative to the proccessed white flour available in most supermarkets.

CHALLENGES- Not being at my own home and being very hungry.

TRIUMPHS- Excersising for the third day in a row.

WHAT I ATE-

BREAKFAST- 2 soy burger patties (Recipe in Day 25) with raw cashew cheese.
Mixed Berry smoothie with home made soy milk.- Blackberries, red, currants, raspberries and blueberries

LUNCH- Essene Bread, raw cashew cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion.

SNACK- Mixed nuts.

EARLY DINNER- 1 soy latte and one espresso. 2 soy burger patties, raw cashew cheese, 6 kalamata olives and a fresh orange juice.

LATER DINNER- Red Lentils, brown rices, oregano, parsley, thyme, marjoram, shoyu and cherry tomatoes. All cooked in Olive oil.
Pear, apple and pomegranate juice.

SNACK- 1 fruit muffin. Chickpea flour, water, soy milk, pear, apple, orange and pomegrante pulp. Mixed berries- Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and red currants with cinnamon.
Mix ingredients together and oven bake. Be warned though I was just experimneting with this recipe and didn't find it too nice.

EXCERCISE- 20 minute walk with dog, 15 minute jog. 30 crunches and 10 push ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment