Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 18



THOUGHTS- CHOCOLATE

When I took on this challenge I wondered what I would do without chocolate but today I discovered that I didn't have to. There is a company called Loving Earth that makes raw organic chocolates. If a product is raw that means there has been no heat to destroy the nutrients in the food so it is healthier and not only this but foods that are not of the earth need heat to be applied so foods that count on a raw food diet totally count for the earth diet.
Ideally I will try to start making my own chocolates but so early on in the diet there is still alot I am learning. The flavour that I tried today was Lacuma and Maca. What are they you ask? Well I asked myself the same thing so I searched on their website. They taste amazing by the way.

Lúcuma is a nutrient dense fruit from Peru. The tree is a long lived, evergreen, and belongs to the Sapotacea family being similar to the canistel and sapote. It smells divine and tastes like maple syrup flavoured ice-cream !Lúcuma powder is really versatile and tasty, blending easily and well with ice-creams, baby food, yogurts, pies, cakes, cookies, smoothies, chocolate bars and desserts of all kinds

Maca An energizing and revitalizing superfood of the Incas. jam packed with vitamins, minerals, enzymes and 17 amino acids - 7 of them being essential amino acids.Grown at 4000m (13000ft) above sea level in the Andrean district of Junin by the Pumpush people who have been cultivating and consuming maca as staple food for thousands of years.Contains unique alkaloids, which help stimulate the master glands that in turn may help optimize and balance the entire endocrine system.

For more information check out their website.

http://www.raw-chocolate.net/

CHALLENGES- None today I enjoyed everything.

TRIUMPHS- Creating a nice lentil bolognaise.

WHAT I ATE-
BREAKFAST- Vegan vitamins. Raspberry, silken tofu and soy milk smoothie.
2 thin slices eggplant, 1 mushroom, two thin tofu slices cooked in olive oil with tamari.

LUNCH- Soy bean pasta- (Soybeans and water). Lentil bolognaise- Red lentils, garlic, onion, capsicum, spinach, parsley, black olives, mushroom and leftover tofu mayo dressing (recipe day 17)

SNACK- 1 dried apple, handful nuts and seeds, 2 peices of raw lacuma and maca chocolate.Organic raw cacao butter, Organic raw cacao powder, Organic agave syrup (dark), Organic lúcuma powder, Organic maca powder, Himalayan crystal salt.

DINNER- Veg Kebabs on a bed of Barley
Mushrooms, tofu, red onions, capsicum, eggplant, cherry tomatoes
Marinade- Tamari, olive oil, garlic, ginger, rice malt syrup and water.

SNACK- Popcorn, olive oil, tumeric, cumin, cardamon.

EXCERCISE- None.

No comments:

Post a Comment