Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 20


THOUGHTS- So it's Easter saturday and I know that tomorrow is going to be a challenge for me. A holiday that celebrates with chocolate. Even though I'm a vegan we still have plenty of chocolatey treats to enjoy and I know it's going to be a struggle. I went and saw a friends family today and gave them all their goodies. Even though I'm not a fan of supporting the dairy industry it was so precious to see the look on the kids faces. The most precious was when I gave the one year old a little ballerina bunny she was so adorable and played with it for a while until she got a hold of the box that her brothers eggs had come in. He made me a little paper cut out egg that he had coloured in and written on for me and I think that was the best gift I received all easter. It's not about how much money you spend on holdidays like these but it's about the thought that you put into things. I had a great day and then went to hang out with another couple of friends. They kept offering me beers which I had to keep refusing kindly. Normally I would have jumped at the chance of free beer but once I explained about the earth diet they seemed to understand. I know when I explain it to my family they will not understand but they still don't understand about veganism so I'll just continue to be who I am and do what I do and not worry about what anyone else has to say about it. And that's my moral for today. I also wanted to use the pretty picture I found when I was searching motivation. :) I could have also used the pic in a blog about the different colour additives in our food but I wanted to express the joy of children. :)


CHALLENGES- Not going home at all today.


TRIUMPHS- Preparing plenty of food ahead of time and was made a lovely healthy dinner by a friend.


WHAT I ATE-


BREAKFAST- Multi puffs, Amaranth, 2 strawberries and rice milk with teaspoon coconut oil.

Beetroot, carrot, celery, parsley, lettuce and ginger juice.


SNACK- Mixed nuts cooked in Tamari and olive oil.

Lady Finger Banana


LUNCH- Asparagus salad- Spinach, 1 roma tomato, asparagus, olives, chopped hazelnuts.

dressing- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar


SNACK- Carrot, cucumber, capsicum sticks snow peas and cherry tomatoes.

Home made Hommus- Chickpeas, garlic, tahini, soymilk, chilli powder.

Fresh apple juice

Lady finger banana


DINNER- Veg Kebabs- Zuchinni, mushrooms, onbion, red and green capsicum and soy sauce on a bed of brown rice.


EXCERCISE- Spin class and a 20 minute walk


No comments:

Post a Comment