Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 15


THOUGHTS-


"It's my life,

It's now or never,

I ain't gonna live forever,

I just wanna live while I'm alive."


Sang Bon Jovi. So after two weeks of bending the rules of the Earth diet where I saw fit and using the "House Diet" rule of whatever is in my house is up for consumption I got home tonight after rehearsal and cleaned out my cupboard. I divided all the non earthy foods. One into a bag for a friend who has recently gone vegan and the other into a box for my brother who is buying a house. I don't like wastage and one of the biggest things affecting our environment is the amount of things going into landfill. So all the things that no longer suit me are now going to someone else. After two weeks of putting it off I decided it was time to do something. I said to myself it's now or never. Then got the Bon Jovi song stuck in my head. I realised that there are so many things in my life that I say to myself I'll do it one day. One day I'll get around to it. Well today is that day. Obvioulsy not for everything as there is a lot of things I want to do but today is the day that I start putting the wheels in motion for all the things that I want to acheive.


POMEGRANATE


I love pomegranate juice and the fruit when it's in season. Here's a bit about the health benefits.


One of pomegranate health benefits is that it helps improve heart health and good blood circulation. This fruit contain three times the antioxidants of wine or green tea which, among other things, promote a healthy heart. Regular consumption of pomegranate juice has been shown not only to stop hardening of artery walls and build-up of plaque; it even reverse these problems. Keeping your arteries clean and soft helps reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. If you are concerned about your cholesterol, pomegranate is perfect for you, since it has been shown to lower levels of bad cholesterol and raise your good cholesterol levels. By improving circulation, pomegranate can even be used to relief impotence. Antioxidants in the pomegranate fruit and juice prevent cancer, and cam even help fight existing cancer cells in the body. While pomegranate has been shown to prevent breast and skin cancer, recent studies show that it can also help with prostate cancer in men. Regular consumption of pomegranate juice can significantly lower PSA levels in the body. These chemicals are not only an indicator of your risk level for prostate cancer and other problems; they also indicate how well a man will respond to cancer treatments including radiation and chemotherapy.Just in case that isn't enough of a reason for you to start eating more pomegranates, there are even more pomegranate health benefits. You already know it’s brimming with antioxidants. These powerful chemicals have been shown to reduce the affects of aging and prevent Alzheimer’s. Pomegranate has also been shown in studies to prevent cartilage damage and protect babies from brain damage during birth. While some of these uses have not been researched scientificially, pomegranate has traditionally been used to clear skin, reduce inflammation, and help with sore throats.


For more information see



CHALLENGES- Went straight from work to rehearsal and because it was end of grocery week I didn't have any foods at home I could take with me.


TRIUMPHS- Seeking out a sushi place so I could have the earthiest take away possible.


WHAT I ATE-

BREAKFAST-Corn Fritters- Buckwheat flour, flaxseed meal, 1/2 tin of creamed corn- (corn, water, maize thickener, sugar, salt). All mixed together and then cooked in fritter shapes in canola oil.


SNACKS- 2 buckwheat biscuits- recipe Day 13

1 apple


LUNCH- Quinoa with chickpea and pumpkin curry-

Red onion, Red Capsicum, Pumpkin cubes, half tin whole tomatoes, 1/2 cup chickpeas, 1 shallot, ground corriander seeds, cumin powder, tumeric powder, ground cardamon seeds, chilli powder, soy milk, canola oil.

1. Chop vegetables. Lightly oil frypan.

2. Lightly cook onion and capsicum.

3. Add other vegetables then add seasonings.

4. Add tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil.

5. Add soy milk to thicken.

6. Cook until texture suits your liking.


SNACKS- Pomegranite, Acai and sour ginger juice.

Raw ginger bar- raw foods are so much better for you

Trio bar- Only nuts, seeds, fruit and rice malt syrup.


DINNER- Avocado sushi and vege hand roll- tofu, cucumber, avocado and radish


LATE DINNER- Soy bean pasta (Soybeans and water)- Sprinkle of tamari and cracked pepper.


EXCERCISE- Rehearsals.

No comments:

Post a Comment